Thread: Yentna River Lodge's and Camping

Default Yentna River Lodge's and Camping

Are there any Lodge's open for the summer months along the Yentna? If so what are there names and locations? Any's recommendations? How about places to tent camp with my family. Is most the river front property privately owned?

Quote Originally Posted by Branr1 View Post
    Are there any Lodge's open for the summer months along the Yentna? If so what are there names and locations? Any's recommendations? How about places to tent camp with my family. Is most the river front property privately owned?
    All of the lodges are generally open during the summer, Yetena Station, Northwoods, Skwetna Roadhouse are tops on my list depending on the amount of money you want to spend. There are one or two others that I am sure someone will add in. There are public areas both at Dheska river and Lake Creek for camping. You are correct when assuming that alot of the river bank is private. There are areas where you maybe able to use a sandbar BUT AS LONG AS THE TEMPERATURES HAVE NOT BEEN WARM should you use these areas. A couple of 70 plus degree days can raise river levels dramatically in a couple of hours. Overnite temp drop can leave your boat dry so take a little care in tying up. Last thing is before pitching a tent on that sandbar make sure you don't see any tire tracks, someone may be using the area for a landing strip.

Is there and actual camp ground or site at Lake Creek that is reachable by boat? We will be leaving from Deska Landing. I've stayed at the Deska camp ground in the past but we'd like to venture out futher. Any other suggestions? We'd like to take a 3-4 day trip.