Thread: Marine mechanic in Valdez?

Default Marine mechanic in Valdez?

Does anyone know a good marine mechanic in Valdez? I've got a marinized 360 Chrysler that developed a hard knock today. I need to get it fixed up by tomorrow evening. Thanks

Can't help ya for valdez but a good guy in portage(yes portage !!) is Robert Geller Mobile Repair 350-5506 or 350-9673. Very knowledgeable about all types of motors, gas & diesel.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Contact Stew, 831-0253

Good tip, Mel...but he already tried Stu, he was too busy to work on that short a notice. Man, we need more people to work on boat motors in Valdez, Stu has all he can handle, and does a good job, but way more work than he can take on, especially when the sport fishers show up!

Default Mechanic

Hi
    my father in law is a mechanic for boats name is Rodney 831-7333
    maybe he can help

Quote Originally Posted by akshootnscoot View Post
    Does anyone know a good marine mechanic in Valdez? I've got a marinized 360 Chrysler that developed a hard knock today. I need to get it fixed up by tomorrow evening. Thanks

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking I have it squared away, but we'll see what actually happens when Napa opens and I make the parts run in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    Good tip, Mel...but he already tried Stu, he was too busy to work on that short a notice. Man, we need more people to work on boat motors in Valdez, Stu has all he can handle, and does a good job, but way more work than he can take on, especially when the sport fishers show up!
    Dittos Ron....Since we're now a Merc dealer as well I hope in the future we can hire someone locally in Valdez. Get them certified to work on Mercs and FNMs and provide service there so folks can enjoy there time on the water rather then stuck on the dock or on a maintanence pad.

We're up and running again. Threw a pushrod through a rocker arm. Had to get the parts out of wasilla (thanks Valley Mechanical!), but we're running smooth. Thanks again for all the replies