Thread: AOD Dipnetting Project

Default AOD Dipnetting Project

Hey gang,

we are putting a Dipnetting section together for the site, and will be filming, photographing and interviewing dipnetters on the Kenai side of the beach area from Wednesday through Saturday or so this week. If you are interested in participating, drop me a line and let's talk.

As many of you know, many dipnetters have their "secret techniques" and such, that are the keys to your success. I'd like to capture that on video (I guess it won't be a secret any more?). It's going to be fun! So if you don't mind getting in front of the camera for a minute or three, lets talk.

The intent is both to instruct and entertain, so we're looking for both. And an environmental / conservation aspect would be great too, along with reminders about parking, regulations, trash, trespass and all that stuff. We'll edit it all and post the info this winter.

We already did the Copper and the hooligan run at Twentymile, and will try to hit he Kasilof on this trip too. Then we go to Fish Creek.

Any takers?

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Wow. 137 views and no volunteers?

(crickets chirping...)

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike,
    IF I were going to Kenai to dip I'd let you video. Unfortunately one trip was enough for me.

Besides the crowds, our biggest problem was finding a place to clean the fish. We ended up driving to Seward to use the nice fish cleaning tables at the Seward docks.

Besides dipping techniques, info on where to clean fish, launch boats, etc. would be nice.

Thanks,
    Kelvin

Mike, I might be out on Friday and can demonstrate my floating technique on the N shorth. But if the whether is nice I'd rather spend 3 days in PWS boat camping and getting some shrimp.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Mike were down here dip netting off the Phantom all week long; feel free to PM me.

Alaskan Outdoorsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.