Thread: Ak Trails ???

Default Ak Trails ???

Hey anyone know what has happened to aktrails every time i try to go there they are unavailabe did they crash shut down or what ???
    And does anyone know fo the conditions around king river or the permeninti trails side as far as snow being gone and such??
    thanks

I can sympathize with you about arctictrails.net being down--it's been over a week now, and I'm in full withdrawal!!

I recall reading recently that the KR and Perm trails were passable, but muddy in spots.

Hey Sr thanks for the reply and i think the wife and i are going to go tot he perm tomorrow for a ride and check it out

KR and Perm have been open for weeks. So has the Puritan Creek trail. Pinochle is a maybe now and Eureka is a no as of right now.

Default King River

My daughter was bike riding the King River trail yesterday. Said it had lots of roots for a bike ride, but plenty of ATVs were out. No mention of mud, and the bikes came home clean!

Also mentioned that the ATV riders she met were really considerate -- slowed or stopped for the bikes, lots of family riders, and somebody winching out a big tree crossing the trail.

Sounded like a great day for everyone! (Why was I working in the yard?)

I was out at Kings River over the weekend, riding with my kids.

The trail was in pretty good condition. The mud bogs were passable, but you sure didn't get out of there spotless! The boulder field about 5 miles in was a real challenge to get through, threading your way between them. My last time out there was last November, and it seemed way more difficult this year. Given that I had passengers, the boulder field was as far as I got before deciding to turn around.

There was a little snow left on the shoreline of Ruby Lake, otherwise the snow was all gone.

About half a mile up the trail from the parking lot there was a spot to cross Kings River, which was less than 2 feet deep. The trail was somewhat overgrown, but paralleled the bluffs on the opposite side.