Thread: Hank Snow, "Movin on"

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Hank Snow, "Movin on"

That big eight-wheeler rollin' down the track Means your true-lovin' daddy ain't comin' back 'Cause I'm movin' on, I'll soon be gone You were flyin' too high, for my little old sky So I'm movin' on

That big loud whistle as it blew and blew Said hello to the southland, we're comin' to you When we're movin' on, oh hear my song You had the laugh on me, so I've set you free And I'm movin' on

Mister fireman won't you please listen to me 'Cause I got a pretty mama in Tennessee Keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on So shovel the coal, let this rattler roll And keep movin' me on

Mister Engineer, take that throttle in hand This rattler's the fastest in the southern land To keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on You gonna ease my mind, put me there on time And keep rollin' on

I've told you baby, from time to time But you just wouldn't listen or pay me no mind Now I'm movin' on, I'm rollin' on You've broken your vow, and it's all over now So I'm movin' on

You've switched your engine now I ain't got time For a triflin' woman on my main line Cause I'm movin on, you done your daddy wrong I warned you twice, now you can settle the price 'Cause I'm movin on

But someday baby when you've had your play You're gonna want your daddy but your daddy will say Keep movin' on, you stayed away too long I'm through with you, too bad you're blue Keep movin' on
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I'm not sure, but I think that someone I have appreciated as a fellow participant for many years may be moving on. If so, I hope it's just a short break, and I also hope he knows that many of us here have greatly valued his contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that someone I have appreciated as a fellow participant for many years may be moving on. If so, I hope it's just a short break, and I also hope he knows that many of us here have greatly valued his contributions.
    Well, when Mike said "Move On", it remimded me of that Hank Snow song.

I didn't mean that I was leavin the forum, nor was I threatening to. Although of late, I confess I've lost some of my enthusiasm.

When Mike closes a thread, we all gotta "move on" from there, but the issues will be back, just maybe not US all.

I usta listen to Hank Snow on the radio when I was still in grade school, or as far back as I can remember. Our whole family did. It was the latest technology, along with electricity, and electric things, like refrigerators, and washers and ringers.

When I remember how it was growing up, in Missouri back then, where the weather was mild by comparasion, I think, "Boy, those Alaskans musta been tuff back then".

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Well, when Mike said "Move On", it remimded me of that Hank Snow song.

I didn't mean that I was leavin the forum, nor was I threatening to. Although of late, I confess I've lost some of my enthusiasm.

When Mike closes a thread, we all gotta "move on" from there, but the issues will be back, just maybe not US all.

I usta listen to Hank Snow on the radio when I was still in grade school, or as far back as I can remember. Our whole family did. It was the latest technology, along with electricity, and electric things, like refrigerators, and washers and ringers.

When I remember how it was growing up, in Missouri back then, where the weather was mild by comparasion, I think, "Boy, those Alaskans musta been tuff back then".

Smitty of the North
    Whew!!! I'm glad I read that trail poorly, Smitty. I value your voice around here, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Whew!!! I'm glad I read that trail poorly, Smitty. I value your voice around here, sir!
    And I, you, SUH.

I only show you my good side. Maybe, I can remain on good behavior, for a while anyway.

Thanks
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

I too am glad you are not leaving us. Someone has to stir the pot from time to time or it will surely burn. And I agree with your insight way more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I too am glad you are not leaving us. Someone has to stir the pot from time to time or it will surely burn. And I agree with your insight way more often than not.
    Same here, rbuck:

I member we war sposed to get together, so you kin learn me how to shoot my pistol gun.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Just so everyone knows I moved on from BRSP, they sent me a check, but no explanation on the shenanigans. I'll be looking into joining the Mat Valley Sportsman's Range in Palmer....if anyone is a member let me know about the place.

Chief:

It's an indoor range. The outdoor range doesn't get used much, except for events. Ask a RO for details.

http://www.mvsrange.com

They offer LOTS of training courses and special events. It's a 1st Class operation.

If you need an outdoor range the Upper Susitna Shooters Association (USSA) is a great alternative to Birchwood. You just hafta drive a little farther.

http://susitnashooters.org/

I blongs to'em Both

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.