Thread: dipnet limit with rod and reel?

Default dipnet limit with rod and reel?

getting geared up for the big push on the kenai, boat gassed and all. so if i manage to do well and limit on the dipnet side, and the tails are clipped, can i still fish the mainstream with a rod and reel? i see that if your cooler got searched then you would be about 10 times the limit rod and reel. will i have to preserve my catch or can i still fish? just want to maximize my trip because the drive from anchorage with the boat can get long and expensive, thanks

Smile

It's my opinion you can go ahead and fish with rod and reel. Make sure your dip-netted fish have their tails clipped and your PU permit is correctly filled out.

The two limits—PU and daily/possession rod and reel—are unrelated.

Good luck . . .

I often stop off at Ingram or some such for a shot at some pinks or dollies on my way home from dipping, especially if it was a slow day. I would still recommend bringing a separate cooler for your hook/line catch so it requires no explanation if the fish troopers take an interest. I try to keep my dipnet catch orderly and obvious when mixing gear.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by calebsb View Post
    I often stop off at Ingram or some such for a shot at some pinks or dollies on my way home from dipping, especially if it was a slow day. I would still recommend bringing a separate cooler for your hook/line catch so it requires no explanation if the fish troopers take an interest. I try to keep my dipnet catch orderly and obvious when mixing gear.
    If stopped by the troopers, no explanation = ticket. I think what you meant is, separate coolers makes it a little easier to explain...