Thread: Need a little direction please

Default Need a little direction please

Headed to Seward for the weekend. I will have a chance to get out further for ling cod on Sunday. Anybody want to kick down a little help? I have a 24ft Seasport, but I don't want to run out to Montague. Any beta for some prospective ling spots? I know what kind of bottom structure to look for but would really appreciate any help. I would love to put a nice ling on my wife's rod. Thanks in advance.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    Headed to Seward for the weekend. I will have a chance to get out further for ling cod on Sunday. Anybody want to kick down a little help? I have a 24ft Seasport, but I don't want to run out to Montague. Any beta for some prospective ling spots? I know what kind of bottom structure to look for but would really appreciate any help. I would love to put a nice ling on my wife's rod. Thanks in advance.
    My advice would be to go west towards the Chiswels.

You can head East but don't have to go as far as Montague. Try any of the capes between Resurrection and Puget near the coast.

I have always had good luck out in the chiswells. I have never caught one going east, but that doesn't mean there not there.