Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The No Bird Crap Talk 2013 Kenai Report

Default The No Bird Crap Talk 2013 Kenai Report

So, anyone go out dipping today?

I bet it was packed.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Had a lady in the office today that said her friends went down, but that they were told to leave because of...well you know...so they headed back to ANC. I then heard her calling others that were getting ready to go and she told them not to go because "it was closed".

It was closed because of bird crap toxin?

Quote Originally Posted by medic2022 View Post
    It was closed because of bird crap toxin?
    No, just pointing out that it probably wasn't as packed as folks thought it might be, since folks were allegedly getting bullied off the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    No, just pointing out that it probably wasn't as packed as folks thought it might be, since folks were allegedly getting bullied off the beach.
    Surprised no fights broke out if that was the case.

Had a lady in the office today that said her friends went down, but that they were told to leave because of...well you know...
    No, I don't know. What are you talking about. Please make some sense. Bullying? Whaaaaat??

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJack View Post
    No, I don't know. What are you talking about. Please make some sense. Bullying? Whaaaaat??
    Bird poop...I wasn't gonna say it, but you made me.

I thought you were serious. But yeah, keep that outta here. I don't know anyone who fished today, otherwise I'd tell ya'll. According to the few reports on AOJ beach dipping wasn't bad for a starter.

We are going down Friday night to dip on Saturday from a boat. It'll be my first time from a boat.
    The fish count numbers look good, so we are hoping to do well.
    I'll come back with a report on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I thought you were serious. But yeah, keep that outta here. I don't know anyone who fished today, otherwise I'd tell ya'll. According to the few reports on AOJ beach dipping wasn't bad for a starter.
    I'm 100% serious! I heard the lady talking on her cell, and it was pretty clear that her crew interacted with someone down there that convinced them that the beach was closed.

I'm 100% serious! I heard the lady talking on her cell, and it was pretty clear that her crew interacted with someone down there that convinced them that the beach was closed.
    I just called fish and game in Soldotna. They said the beach is definitely open, nothing has been mentioned about closing it.

sent from my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    I just called fish and game in Soldotna. They said the beach is definitely open, nothing has been mentioned about closing it.

sent from my igloo
    I have no doubt that whoever convinced these folks to leave didn't have actual credentials or authority to do so....hence the term "bully".

I have no doubt that whoever convinced these folks to leave didn't have actual credentials or authority to do so....hence the term "bully".
    Perhaps your friends tried to go dipnetting on the 9th in which case it would have been very much closed. Or they could have been trying to dipnet by the boat launch, which is closed to dipnetting from shore. Or they could have parked their motorhome on the Kenai bridge, and traipsed across the wetlands (which are closed). I doubt very much they were "bullied" off an open section of dipnetting beach by anyone on or after the 10th if they were legal. Please substantiate your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Perhaps your friends tried to go dipnetting on the 9th in which case it would have been very much closed. Or they could have been trying to dipnet by the boat launch, which is closed to dipnetting from shore. Or they could have parked their motorhome on the Kenai bridge, and traipsed across the wetlands (which are closed). I doubt very much they were "bullied" off an open section of dipnetting beach by anyone on or after the 10th if they were legal. Please substantiate your claim.
    You want a video or what?

Someone post an actual report please....

Real report here....
    dipped the opener from boat 2 nets after work for 3 hours 7-10 pm got 16 not bad..not on fire...dock talk was slow n steady all day if u were out there all day u got somewhere between 50-100 fish i guess the avg was about 6 fish per hr so u do math chatter was it got slower throughout day..18,000 count yesterday were those fish moving thru...dipped 6 am to 9 am this morning before calling it quits only 4 fish very slow don't know if it turned on after we left?? prob not we comm opener at ten am to ten pm...just got back from bings it was on fire with 18,000 moving thru there not crowded limits taken by most fish rolling everywhere.....Humper out

Quote Originally Posted by smithtb View Post
    Read post #3. I didn't claim anything, merely stated what I heard.

Morning tide was a bust from a boat Maybe better tonight.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

The comm guys should be out today. I'm not surprised its slow.

comm guys opener for thurs was a bust only 16,000 taken pretty slow so there was no fish to be caught or lost in inlet somewhere, 18,000,33,000 yesterday in river so slug moved thru and now waiting for next big school

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast