Thread: Best colors of flesh for end of july/early august?

Default Best colors of flesh for end of july/early august?

Im going to be fishing the upper Kenai/ russian river area and the middle Kenai. So I'm just wondering what flesh patterns or colors do you think would be the best, or any fly patterns you guys would recommend? Also bead colors during that time would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeDavis View Post
    Im going to be fishing the upper Kenai/ russian river area and the middle Kenai. So I'm just wondering what flesh patterns or colors do you think would be the best, or any fly patterns you guys would recommend? Also bead colors during that time would be much appreciated.
    Head over to the fly fishing forum. There's a thread about this over there.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

One thing to remember for the upper kenai is that there is a fly fish only section thru 8/20, so a bead is out on the russian and the area below on the kenai. You can fish with it attached to the hook, but not on the leader.

Otherwise, I would bring a variety of colored flesh in a range of sizes. I would suggest hitting up one of the local fly shops when you get into town and they can give you some guidence. Mossy's in Anchorage has a great variety and I believe Troutfitters has a selection available down in Cooper Landing.