Thread: Klutina Reds yet?

Default Klutina Reds yet?

I am looking to catch some reds in the CR Area. Any news on red fishing the Klutina? Is there bank fishing access? Can I use kenai / russian river tactics w/rod and reel. Just looking to get some salmon meat. Thanks!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

The wife & I were down on the Klutina last week end & we did real well. We caught our limits both days & caught & relaeased a bunch as well. We mostly fished below Groves campground. All the fishing was done from the bank. I used mostly mini russian river flies that I tied myself. Although a size 1 or so Gamagotsu hook with yarn is all you need. The water is high & fast, so be carefull. Have fun. MET

I have fished that river for the past month and usually limited out, after the first ten days of ZEROES...last week have been an hour to five hours for the three or six limit. It all depends on the fisherman and those around him or her to assist with the local tips and tricks. As far as locations, cruise the shoreline and look for full stringers, fish up or downstream til they vacate.

Personally, I use a hook with yarn on 17# mono and a enough split shot 36-40" up, to keep line bouncing away on the bottom.

The south shoreline on lower bridge is all accessible to the Copper, north shore there has abot 1/4 mile. Campgrounds have decent banks and shore for campers.

Fishing is steady this weekend. Lots of people are getting their limit. I've got todays in the freezer and 20 minutes to go to start working on Sundays fish. Pretty busy everywhere but not bad compared to south central.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Fishing is slow/fair,... Put in 12 hours and you might get a couple fish

Just got back to Fairbanks this morning, find the holes you'll have plenty of action. Two of us had our limit in a couple hours yesterday, including this guy I caught under the bridge waiting for everyone to get set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpg
    Another picture