Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 fish in 10 min That's my kind of fishing :)

Default 24 fish in 10 min That's my kind of fishing :)

24 fish in 10 min That's my kind of fishing And for you computer chair police there was 6 of us fishing

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Loves me some rockfish. Nicely done! Maybe we will run into some blacks [trying a new area] this week. Been nothing but Tigers, Yelloweye and Quills for us so far.

Absolute favorite thing to go for when i need to wake everyone up on the boat after a long drive to the fishing hole early in the morning. Creep in towards a cliff until your sonar lights up with fish. slam in reverse, make your boat slack, and try to get your jig to the bottom. haha Most of the time you can't.....but if you do there might be a big ling waiting there for you.....fish on.

Nice!!! Love it when the screen lights up!!!
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

Tasty sea beasts. A quick rock fish bite sure can be fun.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Great job! From the looks of the fish they were not very deep. That makes it even more fun.

nice catch! I just cooked up a bunch of these that we caught over Memorial Day weekend with beer batter. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sloka View Post
    Great job! From the looks of the fish they were not very deep. That makes it even more fun.
    Do you mean because they aren't bug eyed and blown up bellies? All the black rockfish I ever catch are from 40-80'. Not very deep at all.

When you get to a good spot usually an underwater hill ... it is not fishing .... it is just catching ... you might try and let one stay on the hook for a bit in back of the boat, might get to see a big ling. If you do drop a jig back there and get the rockfish out of the way the ling will always go for the jig. If you catch a ling with a rockfish attached to its mouth, you have to let it go .... the law.

No, I don't think so!
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnfish View Post
    When you get to a good spot usually an underwater hill ... it is not fishing .... it is just catching ... you might try and let one stay on the hook for a bit in back of the boat, might get to see a big ling. If you do drop a jig back there and get the rockfish out of the way the ling will always go for the jig. If you catch a ling with a rockfish attached to its mouth, you have to let it go .... the law.

I am pretty sure as long as you are using your one line per angler and he happens to reel up two fish, it is a legal method. You arent using the black bass as bait, the ling just happened to want your fish as you are reeling it in. I may be wrong, but who isnt going to grab ahold of that 50 lbs ling as he is gnawing on your bass....

If you keep a Ling attached to a Rockfish ... don't talk about it at the docks ... State reg you can use parts of the dead fish but not the whole live fish. Fish & Game officer told me this ... not trying to hijack thread or be the computer cop but I think this is good info..

Use of sport-caught fish as bait: (1) Whitefish, herring, and other species for which no seasonal or harvest limits are specified in 5 AAC 47 - 5 AAC 75, as well as the head, tail, fins, and viscera of legally taken sport fish, may be used for bait or other purposes. (2) Herring and other species of fish for which no seasonal or harvest limits are specified in 5 AAC 47 - 5 AAC 75 may be used as live bait, except that live fish may not be used as bait for sport fishing in fresh water. (3) Live bait may be possessed, transported, or released only in the salt waters or the regulatory area in which it was taken.

congrats that is some good eating enjoy
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by ocnfish View Post
    If you keep a Ling attached to a Rockfish ... don't talk about it at the docks ... State reg you can use parts of the dead fish but not the whole live fish. Fish & Game officer told me this ... not trying to hijack thread or be the computer cop but I think this is good info..

Use of sport-caught fish as bait: (1) Whitefish, herring, and other species for which no seasonal or harvest limits are specified in 5 AAC 47 - 5 AAC 75, as well as the head, tail, fins, and viscera of legally taken sport fish, may be used for bait or other purposes. (2) Herring and other species of fish for which no seasonal or harvest limits are specified in 5 AAC 47 - 5 AAC 75 may be used as live bait, except that live fish may not be used as bait for sport fishing in fresh water. (3) Live bait may be possessed, transported, or released only in the salt waters or the regulatory area in which it was taken.
    I know we dont wanna turn it into a debate but would it really be considered live bait? You didn't intentionally place that fish on a hook and into the water with the mind set to catch another fish. You hooked one, another fish ate that one. Its kind of like aiding natural selection. Ive never personally run into the situation. Curious on what the actual fish cops might say.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    I know we dont wanna turn it into a debate but would it really be considered live bait? You didn't intentionally place that fish on a hook and into the water with the mind set to catch another fish. You hooked one, another fish ate that one. Its kind of like aiding natural selection. Ive never personally run into the situation. Curious on what the actual fish cops might say.
    In most of these situations, the ling never even gets hooked, but merely holds onto the rockfish...so is it conceivable that it's not an issue of using a sport caught fish as bait, but rather a method of take (caught with a net, vs. caught with a rod and reel)? If the ling gets netted without ever getting hooked, is that a legal method of take? I know you need a permit to catch salmon with a net...does the same apply for lings?

I'm not sure I would want to make the argument either way

Since this thread has went from a photo to a different subject and then to an argument as usual on this forum Anybody have a good recipe for black bass ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Bass recipe; put some tin foil over the grill and get it hot greased up put the fillets on (no skin please) and sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper. When it starts to get done (flaky) flip them over and do it again, simple & tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Since this thread has went from a photo to a different subject and then to an argument as usual on this forum Anybody have a good recipe for black bass ?
    I have a concoction that I use on a lot of different fish, halibut, ling, rocks even salmon.

Start with an olive oil base add
    bit of butter
    mayo
    mustard
    hot sauce (I use tapatio or cholula)
    cajun seasoning (I prefer slap ya mama or tony sacheries (sp?))
    and a bit of that baja chipotle sauce that lawerys makes

All of these are added to personal preference but it should be fairly thick.

I brush it on the fish as I cook it slowly on the BBQ to let it stick and make a nice coat. Repeat several times.

A couple Louisiana oil guys we met on the river last year taught us this and it is some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Curious on what the actual fish cops might say.
    Why don't you ask one?? I thought you had em' on speed dial.. lol

Part one: beautiful pics, and good fishing
    Part Two: Since you can spear and snag in the ocean when the ling cod come up and it is not hooked onto the lure's hook. while then i will snag it with my gaff (knowing that it is legal size of course) it will just be my limit.
    part three: Blackened Black Bass Salad.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    Part one: beautiful pics, and good fishing
    Part Two: Since you can spear and snag in the ocean when the ling cod come up and it is not hooked onto the lure's hook. while then i will snag it with my gaff (knowing that it is legal size of course) it will just be my limit.
    part three: Blackened Black Bass Salad.
    I am pretty sure you can't spear fish from a boat and that you must be fully submerged while spear fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast