Thread: New to Fairbanks

Default New to Fairbanks

Hello everyone, I am moving up to North Pole (fairbanks) in just a couple weeks. I am curious of anyone knows if their are quite a few trails around the Badger gate/North Pole area. I am moving right outside badger gate. Also I am curious on the regulations of using a snow machine on roads. Are there trails that snow machines can use right next to every road? I plan on using my snow machine as a main source of transportation in the winter and curious if it would be possible.

There are trails all over North Pole and you can hop on the river and go north to even more trails or hop on the Tanana river and go across to the TFTA. In short you can go hundreds of miles from North Pole fuel permitting. As far as a main mode of transport in winter it's not likely or practical. You are going to be working on Wainwright and you can only ride atv's/snow machines in the ORV area of post not on the main containment area. There are trails next to nearly all roads in North Pole though you will be able to travel pretty from your house on trails.

Thanks, I didn't misspoke (mistyped), what I meant by main mode of transportation was being able to go gran some groceries/whatnot without having to jump in the car. Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, that will not work very well November-February you can expect temperatures -20 to -45. You can run to the gas station along Badger for beer or snacks, but your going to get in trouble trying to ride around town.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Bummer, thanks! Looking forward to playing in the snow again... I have been in texas for the last 3 years and ready to get back up north

Yeah forgot to mention that can't ride in downtown North Pole they are nazis there. No reason to go there anyways tho gas is .30 cents a gallon more expensive and it's full of stupid round abouts. But where you live by badger will be no problem . And like he mentioned riding At -30 and colder is not fun not to mention brutal on the machine as everything to include the metal gets brittle .-20 and Warner is fine with proper gear.