Thread: Little Su Float

Default Little Su Float

Has anyone floated the Little Su from the Manvil H Olson bridge on Schrock Road down to the Parks Hwy? Google Earth clocks it in at 18.75 miles.
    RC23

Quote Originally Posted by RC23 View Post
    Has anyone floated the Little Su from the Manvil H Olson bridge on Schrock Road down to the Parks Hwy? Google Earth clocks it in at 18.75 miles.
    RC23
    Not recently, did it about 3 years ago in packrafts. Some sweepers in the first few miles but after that just a lazy leisurely float. Last years flooding I am sure changed it up A LOT though. Just be prepared to portage and you are GTG I would think.

you might check back on some older threads here, i think a group went in there about a month or 6 weeks ago and cleared out most obstructions....might have been scouts, don't recall for sure, but it was on here, should be easy to find info. Bud
    Wasilla

Yes. Below Schrock you can expect sweepers to push your boat to the outside of turns and typical strainers made of fallen trees to try and trap you but the massive log jams are mostly above your proposed put in. The local Rotary Club cleanup and race has already ran their event using this section. There is a cluster of logs, river right, about one mile below the bridge and there is a single log parallel the Chanel midstream at this hazard, last week. Of course caving banks can drop a big cottonwood at any time,however that section sees lots of floaters and if you avoid strainers and sweepers its a good run. Good luck!

This was last year in August from schrock to parks. it was more work than fun, went solo and scared myself once on an outside log jam, and NO fish. wont do it again.
    "f/64 and be there"

"f/64 and be there"

"f/64 and be there"

Thanks a lot for the pictures. Nice to know what to be aware of!

For the lower Little Su, there's a nice fishing write up in the July issue of Last Frontier Magazine. Houston to the Boat Launch. Only two pages, but nice.