Thread: Run your Retriever in a Hunt Test

Default Run your Retriever in a Hunt Test

www.retrieverclubofalaska.com/

The RCA is having a AKC sanctioned hunt test later this month. July 19-21st to be exact. Information on their website shown above, entry on entryexpress.com is easy. TONIGHT IS THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRY. I know a lot of you trained half the winter and spring to have your dogs ready for hunt season that opens very soon. This is a great opportunity to take him out and see how he does in real hunting situations and live birds being shot for him. There are 3 levels to choose from, the tests are set up fairly to judge your dogs ability. You are not running against each other, but rather your dogs ability to meet the standard. Everybody can be a winner at the hunt test level. We need more entries, go sign up today, If you have any questions, give me a call. I am a judge and have run dogs at all 3 levels, happy to talk about it with you. Most of all have fun, and have a dog that will help you hunt in Sept. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla

Yeah, I went to express net to sign up for that. Closes at midnight CENTRAL time. An Alaskan event based on Alabama time zone. What a bunch of crap. C'est la vie.

In fact, I've just been looking at the various Hunt Test schedules for the area, I've either already missed (was out of state) or will miss every Hunt Test this year. Guess I'm just too busy. Crap, I wanted to do one with my son while he is up here visiting. He loves that dog.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Yeah, I went to express net to sign up for that. Closes at midnight CENTRAL time. An Alaskan event based on Alabama time zone. What a bunch of crap. C'est la vie.

In fact, I've just been looking at the various Hunt Test schedules for the area, I've either already missed (was out of state) or will miss every Hunt Test this year. Guess I'm just too busy. Crap, I wanted to do one with my son while he is up here visiting. He loves that dog.
    I am sorry you missed the deadline for this one. It snuck up on me too, I should have posted this notice several days ago to allow more time. However, there are another two coming up before hunting season. Just a couple weeks prior to the opening, August 16-18, at Pt. Mac, the AWRC will be having one. We are having new reduced rates for Junior Hunt Events, reduced to $40 and you still will have a live duck shot for your dog to retrieve. You can sign up today on www.entryexpress.com and not have to worry about it. There is another hunt test being put on by MSGDA before then, in Palmer, but I don't have the details on it, perhaps one of their members will chime on here with the details. Bud
    Wasilla