Thread: help, wooldridge xtraplus 16.5 jet, should we convert or sell

Default help, wooldridge xtraplus 16.5 jet, should we convert or sell

yamaha very low hours , 115 etld-jd two stroke v4 80 jet 1989 as well looks like
    We live within eye sight of lake Ponderay Northern Idaho
    and would use this boat for lake access camping, tubing ( two young kids) mostly with some deep river fishing.
    We are more white water raft kayak hike family so use wouldn't be more than 20 days a year for us and 20 or so for the other family, in the summer.
    I fix everything myself, have shop (mechanic and finish carpenter) have worked on our 14 foot zodiac with 25 hp mercury thunderbolt ..... selling it
    Should we look into converting it to prop? bay kit, lower end prop , hydraulic steering......

Sell it get something longer with inboard?

Love the boat runs great after I went through motor, probably only has three seasons on it.
    thanks

Here are the numbers:

About $750-$1,500 for teleflex baystar or seastar hydraulic steering. Its nice to have hydraulic steering but isn't necessary.

About $1,000 for a Yamaha lower unit. You can find one new or used online like ebay.

About $1,000 for a bay kit (5" outboard extension and a CMC manual power lift from Cabelas).

16.5' isn't that much boat. You'd probably get $8,000 for it. It is a boat for you and a buddy. I say keep it as is, hold on to it, and buy another.

Sobie2

thanks , it could have gone at auction for 11,000 here should have sold it It is in mint shape

The only thing I would consider doing is the prop and extra long shaft conversion kit. Keep the pump, you never know when you will get the bug to run skinny water. I believe hydraulic steering is a waste of money for that size boat/motor. I have a 150hp Etec with manual steer (it has a steering wheel) and it does just fine.
    20' Wooldridge Sport 08' 150hp E-Tec
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

thanks for the info, talked to Grant from wooldridge today and if I can find a extra long shaft and water pump, the prop leg should bolt right on. I think cable management would be done with a loop,Grants tip.