Thread: Is it illegal to ride atvs in slamon rivers.

Default Is it illegal to ride atvs in slamon rivers.

Is it illegal to drive an atv across any salmon river at any time or only some rivers at some times.

Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

From my understanding it is illegal to drive across any stream that is a 'spawning' for several types of fish. I was also told that there was a 'conditional use' permit in place for Jim creek. There might be permits in place for other streams but I am not aware of them. I have also read where several different people have been 'cited' for not crossing these streams but running up an down them. There seems to be places that people can 'cross' streams and not get cited, but I would guess that depends on who the 'enforceing' people are.
    In the 2013-2014 Huntign Regs, page 18, it addresses common violations and at the bottom it stated:
    It is ilegal to drive a motorized land vehicle across or through a stream in which salmon,steelhead, sea run cutthroat, Dolly Varden, Arctic Char, sheefish or whitefish spwan, rear or migrate. Protested stream are listed in the Anadromous Water Catalog and Altas, which can be veiwed at ADF&g Habitat offices.

All the permitted stream crossings and their locations can be found on the States website.

Default KRPUA & Jim Creek crossing

Quote Originally Posted by mstc_inc View Post
    All the permitted stream crossings and their locations can be found on the States website.
    here's a quick link
    http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/krpua/pdf/...ermit_ADFG.pdf