Thread: Alpine Creek Lodge

Default Alpine Creek Lodge

A huge thanks to DenaliHunter and his family for an amazing experience. If you haven't been up to Alpine Creek Lodge, your'e truly missing out. Beautiful country, the warmest hospitality, and the some of the most nicest people you will ever meet... plus a badass soccer playing jack russell named Bandit. I really can't say enough great things about them and can't wait to get back up there for a grizz next time.
    Also, thanks to everyone for the tips prior to heading up. Tangle lakes was a bust this morning due to weather but we will get back up there soon.
    PICT4167.jpgPICT4170.jpg

I'd really like to get up there, what system did the grayling come from? Do all the streams up there have them?

pretty much any creek/drainage looking stuff along the Denali Hwy have fish in them

My son took that one from clearwater creek. We also hit up several creek fed lakes. I would say go up the paxson side. More places to stop and fish on the Denali highway like Tangle River, Clearwater creek, and random creeks. Visit Claude, Jennifer, and Bob at APL. Hit Brushkana on the way out. Take the parks down and hit the streams on the way down. Just dont forget to top off in Cantwell. Thats my plan the next time I do the loop.

Thanks for the fish info, i'm planning to get up that way this summer at some point. Going to stop in Alpine Creek Lodge to scout it out for a winter adventure too!

I hear the road is closed at the Susitna because of erosion. Nope it is open.
    http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_...9bb30f31a.html
    Tim

Interesting about the bridge. Last Sunday some trucker(s) tipped over a giant steel beam in the ditch along Paxson lake. I been seeing several headed out that direction the last couple weeks. I assume ported in Valdez.
    This is going to be a major undertaking to get this back on the road. It's on a curve. Gonna take probly 2 good size cherry pickers (or more) to get it out of the ditch. Plus flaggers to shut down hiway. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373433978.517120.jpg
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Yeah, saw that too. Its gonna be quite the pain to get it out.