Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whittier Silvers Short Notice

Exclamation Whittier Silvers Short Notice

Do any of you know of someone I can charter with or maybe get on a cancellation trip for silvers out of Whittier or Seward for my aging parents? We were not able to plan long range for them because of their poor old aging bones so now I am kind off stuck trying to get them on a short notice trip. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Pm, respond here or call me at 907-242-3664. Thanks, Mark

Try Marv's Charters, In & Out Charters, Alaska Summertime charters all in Seward. Last of all the Fish House in Seward has connections to lot's of boats

A lot of them also have stand-by lists for cancellations. You may want to put yourselves on a few of those.

Crazy Rays www.crazyraysadventures.com and Saltwater Excursions www.saltwaterexcursions.com out of Whittier. Not sure anyone is getting Silvers yet except out of Seward. Litter farther drive but better places to stay and more facilities if you get back late and need to spend the night.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'd head to Seward. Lots of silvers there now. Heck, even I caught limits on Saturday. You should be able to get on as standby there.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

I personally wouldn't even waste my time in whittier for Silvers. If you do go..they usually are carching them off the docks in Sept.

Good luck
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Whittier has great Silver fishing, but it's usually later in July or early August. And then it's far out towards Smith Island area. But, Valdez or Seward is the best place to consistantly catch fish.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Thanks to all of you for the replies. I found 3 seats with Aurora in Seward. I hope they can fish. They said that morning (yesterday?) that they limited 15 people in just a few hours. sales pitch? Maybe, but my folks will have a ball with a good boat ride either way with Seward's scenary. Thanks again to all of you for pitching the info to me, I do appreciate that. I could take my folks out in my boat but their old backs, knees and arthritis just hates my boat. Seward is a bit tough on my boat too! I was out there a couple weeks ago with another forum member and it was a white knuckle ride coming back in on Sunday. I felt like I was in a hill climb competition by the end of the day.

Good luck! Been hearing great reports and the wx/seas looks like they're improving.

Saltwater Safari limited their big boat (80) silvers in 4hrs out of Seward. So the fish are there, you should have a good time
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?Ē --Jack Handy

Don't go with Aurora, not heard great reviews, try some of the suggestions given by others.

Well since I already have a boat in Whittier and not in Seward, what is bitting (preferably of the salmon species please) in Whittier right now?.. thanx... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Try Main Bay for reds. Pretty much a snaggery though.

Sent by my communicator

Thanks again to all. We caught 11 for the three of us, with 45 fish being landed on the boat. I think there was 3 of us larger boats out there and maybe a dozen other small boats. looked like everybody was doing well.
    I lost an embarrassing amount of fish, but in defense I never did like "jigging". But it is growing on me. Aurora did ok, the hands were young guys and the owner's 7 yr old daughter was on board for some cute antics and everyone was in good spirits and had a great time. All caught at least one fish with some better than others as usual. No one got skunked. The only complaint I would remotely have about the day is the odd way the guys filleted fish. They would cut along the "neck" of the fish on an angle but then do a linear cut along the body down along the belly. It was like if you wanted to save the bellies for smoking or fishing sort of... I asked the deck hand if they saved fish bellies and he said not unless they needed some for halibut then tossed the carcass overboard along with the rest so they were not saving them today. Its different than the way I fillet, but not necessarily bad. Had I been doing them I would save the bellies for Valdez.
    Awesome weather!
    So really I can't complain. I might learn to react faster when I get bit on the downslide though...

Kool... thanx man...
    Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Try Main Bay for reds. Pretty much a snaggery though.

Sent by my communicator

I'm heading out of whittier (will be fishin with friends on the Timeline, if you see us, give a shout-out) tomorrow afternoon for the weekend, will post an update upon my return on sunday evening... "fishon"

My son and I caught a number of silvers at the mouth of South Bay at Perry Island this week. They are a good number of them milling around with lots of jumps. We landed a number of pinks too......as usual.....

Caught 19 reds @ MBH in 1 hour Wednesday. Kept our 12 and moved on to rock's, ling and halibut. Here's to hoping the water stays as nice as it has been lately. Headed back to Monte and Port Chalmers this week.

Just got back from a wonderful weekend out on PWS. The weather and the water were both awesome. I don't think you could have asked for either to have been any better. We limited out on Butt and Lings. Got a few Yelloweye and a few Silvers. We were not really targeting Silvers but still caught some. They and the Pinks were jumping everywhere. The whole sound was just alive with life. We also saw Humpback Whales and Porpuses. Man what an awesome place we live in. We will be hitting it again the weekend of August 2... "fishon"

Anyone go out of Whittier this past weekend? How is the silver fishing? Any redís left? Going to pack the family up and head out Thursday morning for some shrimping and fishing for the weekend.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast