Thread: Kodiak mid july road system fishing

Default Kodiak mid july road system fishing

Hey guys, managed to get 2 days on Kodiak prior to work and then should have an evening as well to fish on the river. been doing my reading but would love to know what rivers to try first from some real world knowledge. I will have my 8 weight and a med action spinning rod. Anything from bows/dollies to salmon.

appreciate it...
    NRA life Member JVJ

At that time of the year my favorite spot for dollies is wade fishing in Kalsin Bay at Myrtle Beach beginning at low tide and hanging in through the rise. I seldom ever see anyone there, and the area is perfect for wading on either side of the mouth of Myrtle Creek. If you don't limit out, stop by the American River on your way back to town and fish the river opposite the staging area for the ATV's, or fish Salonie Creek under the bridge.

Forget rainbows, they are elusive lake-only on the road system.

If you want keep five sockeye, pay your way for ATV guided fishing to Saltery which is now red hot with reds...

Rosenberg; Kodiak, AK / Sarasota, FL / Zhengzhou, CN
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Awesome, I appreciate it. I'll be playing c&r but look forward to wading some new rivers. Will be a little different playing the tidal game for dollies.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Shoot me your cell in a PM, I'll give ya an updated report when you get here