Thread: Anyone try stobe lights for Halibut!

Default Anyone try stobe lights for Halibut!

Going to head out this weekend and try some new strobelights on the halibut rigs. Just wondering if anyone has tried this before. Well tight lines to all.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Strobe lights on butts...

Go to http://www.electronicfishinglures.com and punch up the FIELD TEST button.

Scroll down and you'll read testimony and see results.

Take notice of the two big butts caught by Tony Davis of Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle.

Davis is one fussy dude who insists on quality. He has now incorporated these flashers into his procuct line.

Whatever it takes, wail 'em!

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

It won't be long before ADF&G will restrict these like the glow-in-the-dark sticks we used to put into spoons for silvers.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Default Not yet!

I hope they don't restrict them for a while, i bought some and plan on using them for Butt and Kings shortly.

Default Quality

I hope they improved the quality.

Default Better

I tried the electronic lures; they didn't last. Then I saw a product at B&J's which is a sealed strobing light. It's commercial grade. I have not tried it out but it looks like it is bomb-proof. Coolest part is it only activates when it's in water. Have Tom or Alonzo or one of the other folks at B&J demonstrate...

Cool

I've tried numerous flashing stuff. It all works relatively well in my opinion. Even when I'm into the fish and don't need one, my wife will insist she has a light on her line. Thats because the first butt she ever caught had a light on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    I hope they improved the quality.
    I got mine right before I left for the slope and opened one up just to check it out. It does look skimpy as far as quality but I bought mostly just the lights in hopes that I can rig them up to some of my existing tried and true gear. More of an experiment than anything. We'll see.

I was out in PWS today. Had two rods with the B& J lights. They were the only rods that caught halibut all day. I'll be in there to buy more tommorow.

Default do they work?

Good to hear some results from saltwater on these lights. 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle in Wasilla has them too, but so far the only thing they've been used for is burbot, char and lake trout through the ice. They worked very well in that application, but it had to be dark out. During the day they seemed to scare as many fish as they attracted.

Nibenza use a split ring like on you key chain than you can use them on any set up have.
    Boatless

Default Thanks FISHFACE

Like I said I didn't really check them out all that much before I left. Only 7 more days in this hole. motorboatn, did you have any luck with them?