Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Permits...

Default Draw Permits...

You guys got 'em yet? just wondering....it's already July.

No, we haven't!...
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Usually the 2nd or 3rd week of July if they follow the pattern from recent years. Too early and too many people lose them and create a hassle for ADF&G having to create duplicates.

Last year I never got my Caribou tag so I went to F&G and got a reprint. I would say if it gets close don't wait and go get another tag.

Speaking of permits, but has anyone been able to get a sheep harvest ticket yet? I've been to a couple of places to find one but was told f&g hasn't delivered them yet but all the other harvest tags are available.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    Last year I never got my Caribou tag so I went to F&G and got a reprint. I would say if it gets close don't wait and go get another tag.
    F&G office in palmer can print one up for you on the spot - just walk in and ask - it is identical to the original (all official like, not a dumb computer printout) and they're even nice to you. Two thumbs up for them. You just gotta love it when parts of our government work well; I do.

I went to Palmer F & G about a month ago for my September tag and was told I would get it about 30 days before my dates, or August 1st. They didn't say anything about being able to print one up at that time.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I went to Palmer F & G about a month ago for my September tag and was told I would get it about 30 days before my dates, or August 1st. They didn't say anything about being able to print one up at that time.
    Possibly they're only happy to do it if the permits have already been mailed; that was the case with me, and I had moved, so my permit went to my previous address. With me after a 30 second conversation they took about another 30 seconds to print mine and wish me well. I was very impressed with the service I got.

F&G likes to not send out the permits until the last second, sometimes just weeks or week until the hunt. I don't agree with that policy, but I do understand why (people lose them).

Glad you posted this. Couldnt remember if I got mine yet, ahahah. So, nope is my answer
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Speaking of permits, but has anyone been able to get a sheep harvest ticket yet? I've been to a couple of places to find one but was told f&g hasn't delivered them yet but all the other harvest tags are available.
    Go to ADFG website and get your harvest ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just did sheep, deer, caribou, black bear, and moose all online....now to cut out 18 different harvest tickets with scissors, fun fun. But no draw tags in the mail for either my wife or I...not too worried so long as they are here before end of July I won't fret too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Just did sheep, deer, caribou, black bear, and moose all online....now to cut out 18 different harvest tickets with scissors, fun fun.
    I sure hope I am cutting out my sheep tag with a Havelon Knife in 32 days

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I sure hope I am cutting out my sheep tag with a Havelon Knife in 32 days
    Well, you should get one where your going....if you don't, Your doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Well, you should get one where your going....if you don't, Your doing something wrong.
    Ah-oh Lujon, I think he's tryin' to jinx ya........lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Ah-oh Lujon, I think he's tryin' to jinx ya........lol
    Ha ha ha!!! Glad kahakawai doesn't know where i'm going!!!

I'm not jinxin him, in fact I want him to get one just as bad as I want my wife to get one, Lujon is a great guy, I'm confident he'll tag out, the guy is a beast !!!, I'm still wondering why he's not playing football, in case you haven't seen him in person. I'm betting he could possibly pack out 2 rams himself....and thats no joke !!!

I just talked to ADFG in Juneau and they said they will be sent out on the 15th.

I got my Kodiak Bear notification in the mail about a week ago. Have to pick up the permit at F&G when I get to Kodiak in October.
    RASTUS

I just received in the mail my locking antler tag for unit 20A moose. I drew an any bull tag for one of the sub units in 20A. It also said my permit will arrive in a separate mailing. I wonder why they did not mail them together?

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    I just received in the mail my locking antler tag for unit 20A moose. I drew an any bull tag for one of the sub units in 20A. It also said my permit will arrive in a separate mailing. I wonder why they did not mail them together?
    Ditto. I got my tag yesterday too. I was wondering the same thing though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast