Thread: Knik run to glacier, Sunday 7th

Default Knik run to glacier, Sunday 7th

If anybody wants to join us, it should be fun. I hear on here that some jet boats are making the run also. Pretty skinny water and lots of narrow leads above Jim Creek according to a guy that just flew over it a couple days ago. I have some guests from Florida with me who showed me the glades last year when we were there, now our turn to take them riding. We are meeting 10-10:30 at the small pond, upper bridge and taking off from there. Hope to see you all out enjoying Alaskas skinny water. Bud
    Wasilla

Hey man, us jetboaters are all meeting at the glenn highway launch at 1030am so hopefully we should be blowing through the upper bridge bout 11am. We will diffenately look for you...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Hey there airboaters, looks like we jetboaters got a bit of a late start at the launch and then one of our boats had some problems even before we made up to the old bridge so we are very sorry we missed running with you all. We did see you for a quick minute up at the glacier, kinda. You guys pulled out very shortly after we pulled in. I hope we didn't smell or something like that. I would have liked to talk with ya I bit. Oh well. Maybe next time. It sure was an awesome day for a ride though wouldn't you agree? Hope your crew had as much fun as our did. Maybe we can try to get together another time...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

When your guys came in we had been there about 3 hours having lunch and drinks. The guy who runs that little tourist camp arrived about the same time as you in his airboat and a load of clients and we were in his way unloading, so we quickly loaded up and pulled out. Sorry we missed you. One of your guys in a phantom and a wolly had come over to park but didn't say much as we were busy getting out of the way. We did have a good trip, the sun came out and our Florida guests had a great time. Sorry we couldn't stay longer, glad you all made it, the water level was higher then I had expected from the midweek report. Bud
    Wasilla