Thread: Seward fishing report

Default Seward fishing report

Here is what know:

Silvers - starting to look like a good year. Silvers in the usual spots, Pony, Cheval and some of the points both east and west in the gulf.
    They seem to be better in either Pony or Cheval from day to day but not good at both at the same time.

There are a plenty of Silvers at Montague and huge schools of juvenile pollack, capelin and herring in the middle of the straights with salmon along with dozens of whales all mixed into the biological soup that in the Montague straights.

Halibut is solid along the coast in the usual locations, steady action from 230 to 300 feet off the capes and all over at Montague with some days and locations producing better than others, depending on the tide and other mysterious factors that will have to remain a mystery on the internet.
    Seems to be some larger fish being caught too. Our halibut tournament is over and ended with a dramatic end of the Tournament winner....Gotta love that.

http://www.sewardchamber.org/welcome...urnament-june/

Lingcod seem abundant despite the relentless pummeling they take every year.

Overall we are at the peak four or five weeks of fishing for the summer to live it up and catch um up and please don't anchor behind the gray boat with blue trim, he is the guy giving you the fishing reports!!

See you out there!

Pm sent to ya
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Thanks for the post. I just saw you come not too long ago. Nice of you to take the time to post after being out all day. We got our limits of silvers out by cheval in less than three hours today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Many thanks AKCapt!

Thanks for the info, we have been doing really good the past 2 days of fishing for all species with the exception of lingcod. We seem to be hammering them inside the bay but when we get outside the bay we can't seem to find them. Oh we'll. tomorrow we are trying a new area out east so hopefully everything goes good. Happy fishing

Ran out to Pony yesterday (Saturday) and 4 of us limited on Silvers in just over 3 hours. Lots of boats, lots of fish being taken, and rotten weather!

What do you mean by rotten weather. Forecast for the bay looked like variable 10 knot with 2' seas in the bay & only 4' farther out.
    Was it just cold & rainy?

It has been rough on the ocean the last couple of days, particularly yesterday. Don't always believe the forecast. SE 20 =30 and 7' yesterday.

Wow, that is ugly. Thanks for the update, makes me put a little less stock in the NOAA forecast, & I was feeling bad about being stuck in Anchorage all weekend. Guess it wasn't a so bad to stay home & to save on the gas.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Wow, that is ugly. Thanks for the update, makes me put a little less stock in the NOAA forecast, & I was feeling bad about being stuck in Anchorage all weekend. Guess it wasn't a so bad to stay home & to save on the gas.
    Saturday was pretty spot on according to the NOAA site. Visibility sucked, but the seas were about what was forecasted (4ft). To be honest, it was a pretty smooth ride in...didn't see the usual slop/stacked waves between Caines Head and the harbor.

on Saturday we headed east and the waves where nice rolling 4ft. Then we headed west over to pony area and the waves where white capped and stacked high. Big enough that my when we where fishing I had someone point the boat into the wave instead of sitting in the trough(spelling) and every once in awhile the bow would go under a wave. Not ideal conditions. Needless to say we only stayed there long enough to get our limit and left as one of the passengers was getting sea sick. It was a great weekend for getting fish if you could deal with the weather. Pictures to come soon

Dang you guys did much better than we did that day. Nice job
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859