Thread: Eagle rock boat launch

Default Eagle rock boat launch

Anyone have directions and costs to the eagle rock boat launch? Been years since I've been there.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Take the spur highway from Soldotna toward Kenai, take a left on Eagle Rock Dr. Last year it was $15 if i'm not mistaken. That was during August, not sure if it was higher in July. I tend to go to the pillars because i'm cheap and my boat is small and easy to negotiate. I went to Eagle rock when I had an elderly relative in town that appreciated the slack water launch. Pillars is up to $15 now.

Look for Strawberry Rd on your right, and Eagle Rock is not far past there on the left.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I read last year that there is bankfishing at Eagle Rock for a $10 fee. I do not know if that is per person or vehicle. I can only assume you pay for the priviledge of parking at the boat launch to get access to the riverbank. Any truth to that, and if so, is it a nice place to fish, and does it get real crowded? I'd gladly contribute to the local economy for more elbow room.

You Can camp, Launch, fish from the bank and day use all there at eagle rock. They have porta potties and a dumpster. You pay at the end of the road before you go down the hill. It is a very nice, family own outfit. A little pricey but worth it. The way to look at it is, if the fishin is good, there will be lots of people there. I don't know what the prices are this year as they change at times but they will be between $10.00 and $15.00 depending on what you are going to do... Have fun... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I believe it is $10 per car. There is quite a bit of room to spread out but it can get crowded too. I don't recall seeing reds caught there but I have seen a few silvers and lots of pinks caught there. Its slow backwater off the main channel for the most part so I don't consider it ideal red water. Its definitely a good place to fish pinks, silvers if you're desperate I suppose. I wouldn't bother there for reds but perhaps someone knows something I don't.

Thanks Bob and limon for the info. After getting limon's email I checked GoogleMaps aerial view and see what you mean about the backwater at the launch. It looks like there may be some running water for reds downstream, although it may be too difficult to fish because of fallen trees and brush. I guess it may depend on river stage. It definitely doesn't look ideal. Speaking of river stage, the Kenai gauge at Soldatna is way above normal for this time of the year. Might make for some challenging flipping. See you on the riverbank!

Last time the water was super high during the red run we were catching them at the end of our drift, literally a foot or two off the bank, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Last time the water was super high during the red run we were catching them at the end of our drift, literally a foot or two off the bank, FWIW.
    Yup. I just shortened my cast and had real short flips close to the bank and stayed on em. The water cleared up towards the middle/end of the run and they pushed back out a little.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I got word this AM that Eagle Rock launch was $20 last night.

Figures, that's what the rest of the places are. Charge it if they'll pay it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212