Thread: cessna aileron/rudder interconnect

Default cessna aileron/rudder interconnect

Anyone have any experience with the cessna 185 aileron/rudder interconnect while on floats? Is it helpful, I am having a hard time thinking it is a good thing or necessary.

Just went through this painful ordeal. I just put my 74 185 on a set of PK3500C. The aileron rudder connect was required per the STC along with That silly Ventral Fin. Seems that between 1972 through 1974 Mr Cessna decided the interconnect was necessary,prior to that it wasn't necessary. After 74 Cessna installed the aileron rudder interconnect standard as part of the float plane kit. After spending 4000 dollars to get her back on floats I still chase the ball like a big dog,I see no advantage having installed the interconnect. Again I didn't have a choice as it is part of the STC. The Ventral fin came about during spin certification where the 185 would not recover from a one turn spin hands off thus adding the ventral fin satisfied our beloved FED. Jeff at Seaplanes North is a wealth of information and is always willing to visit with me. Let me know what you decided. FYI for the money I couldn't be more satisfied with the Pee Kay,they are not Aerocets but work fine for me.

My new to me EDO 3430s just arrived from Fairbanks 2 days ago. Was high only bid at the GSA auction website. Floats look pretty good being 30 yrs old. Peter at sky wagon city is shipping a ventral fin. EDO STC for the 3430 in the mail from Kenmore. May be able to get around the aileron rudder interconnect by using the rudder centering spring kit. Will know in a few days.