Thread: Seward, first two weeks of August...where will the silvers be?

Default Seward, first two weeks of August...where will the silvers be?

I have a boat rental to use kind of whenever I want, two weeks off (slope schedule) at the very end of July/beginning of August, and want to catch some silvers. It's not a huge boat so I don't want to run out of the bay if I can avoid it. Will the silvers be thick in Resurrection Bay at that time, typically?

Silvers are in the Pony Cove area right now but are not thick. By the end of the month you should be able to troll around Caines Head, Bulldog Cove or Thumb Cove and be able to get a few in the boat.

By the first week of August you could limit out in the bay pretty easy. Run to the north side of the shorline of thumb cove. Set gear about 30 ft and get about 50yards off the wall there. Troll south toward thumbs cove. I usually set gear where the single large rock is just north of the mouth of thumbs cove about 1/4 mile. Can't miss it. Troll around the mouth of thumbs cove amd up inside along the north shore where the cabins are. Right past the second cabin turn around and head back and adjust the deoth to fished marked etc. You should pick up plenty prior to even getting into thumbs cove.

Head over to CH or FI and do the same. They will be all over the place at that time of year. Like clockwork I never have to leve the bay from mid july through Sept.

Make sure to set your gear at different depths and try different flasher/lure set ups.

Good luck!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Thanks guys. Just found out the boat is having mechanical issues so I may have to scrap the plan. We'll see. Might do a charter or rent from somewhere else....not sure at this point.