Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 44 Mag Group at 300 yards

Default 44 Mag Group at 300 yards

He uses magnum primers in his reloads JFYI

http://singleactions.proboards.com/t...vol-xvi?page=1

I am not sure about 300 yards, but a long time ago I used to shoot off hand at 200 yards and did alright, during IHMSA shoots, with a Ruger Super Blackhawk and open sights. I would also wonder about his 300 yard groups with a 7mm!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    I am not sure about 300 yards, but a long time ago I used to shoot off hand at 200 yards and did alright, during IHMSA shoots, with a Ruger Super Blackhawk and open sights. I would also wonder about his 300 yard groups with a 7mm!

The shooter is David Bradshaw and he set many records when IHMSA was in its heyday. He is now 68 years old

I was blocked saying I needed so many words. I see where the this goes.

I will shorten, Bradshaw was one of the greats. I shot with many of the best, Josie Engle, blacky Sleeva, Boyd Carpenter, etc.

Is that a suppressor on the revolver?

No, just weight. Notice he had a Shilen barrel because most Freedom barrels were not spec. He had to shoot unlimited with it. He shot against Remington's XP100, etc. I shot production revolver and also unlimited.
    I out shot most revolver shooters and beat Bradshaw a few times but unlimited was to get rid of the 40 targets and win with shoot off targets at 200 meters, usually 50 meter chickens.
    I shot with Josie Engle, Blacky Sleeva, Boyde Carpenter and many of the best. It was give and take, win once, lose the next but we were friends.
    My XP100, MOA and Wichita 7R would do 40 every shoot but it would be 1 chicken at 200 to win or lose.
    I won Ohio state big bore and small bore.
    Jwp does not know, never did it. I hit steel rams every shot at 500 meters (547 yards) with revolvers. I have hundreds of 1/2" groups at 100 yards and my best was 2-1/2" at 500 yards.

JWP tries but he does not know I know the people he uses as ringers for his agenda to discredit me. This post was entirely against me. See what he said about primers. Give it up Parker unless you can show what you can do. Stop bringing in others.

Truly humble words
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

We were friends and top shooters would help anyone on the line, spot for them and make suggestions. We tried to make everyone shoot better. To have a new shooter beat us was pride from our work. Something not understood. All of us ran into those too smart that would not listen and showed anger. Seen archers break a fine bow around a tree, seen gun shooters leave in a huff. We out shot rifle shooters all the time. I was there and call those shooters friends. I don't need to add others to prove a point.
    I will help anyone to be the best. I can shoot but it is how to make the revolver shoot so I leave it to JWP to explain something he can't.
    I am done, if JWP can make you shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards you can crown him. I don't want the stupid crown because we are normal shooters. I am humble to the best, never a bragger.
    John, don't you know that I knew those people? I have searched all IHMSA results and I don't see you.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

bfrshooter:

It never ceases to amaze me, what can be accomplished with handguns, especially those beeeeg revolvers. Folks were amazed at Elmer Keith too. He was so good, one guy asked him why he even bothered with a rifle.

I like hearing you guys talk about it. I would have loved to read the post that had too many words.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrshooter View Post
    John, don't you know that I knew those people? I have searched all IHMSA results and I don't see you.

whoah....calm down mountain man! take you a trip through the desert, on a horse with no name. John is just one of them thar hunters, and happens to do so with a revolver. Judging by John's pictures of game taken with his fine revolvers over his many decades of handgun huntin, I'll have to confess he's a man's kinda man......and I have a "man-crush" on him. That "man-crush" does not extend to you n your tidy lil bullet holes in paper, and/or your pockmarks in chickens made of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrshooter View Post
    Notice he had a Shilen barrel because most Freedom barrels were not spec.
    How do you know this to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    How do you know this to be true?
    A: He read the thread.
    Bradshaw clearly states the revolver was equipped with a custom Shilen barrel.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    whoah....calm down mountain man! take you a trip through the desert, on a horse with no name. John is just one of them thar hunters, and happens to do so with a revolver. Judging by John's pictures of game taken with his fine revolvers over his many decades of handgun huntin, I'll have to confess he's a man's kinda man......and I have a "man-crush" on him. That "man-crush" does not extend to you n your tidy lil bullet holes in paper, and/or your pockmarks in chickens made of steel.
    What makes you think he needs drugs?

Besides, HORSE is illegal.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    What makes you think he needs drugs?

Besides, HORSE is illegal.

SOTN
    But we have young men and women dieing in the sandbox to protect it and save the economy
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I had no idea that song had some sort of passive reference to weedy things! Ya'lls generation of music spoke too much in riddle! I'm constantly asking 50-70 yr olds....."what does this/that song mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    bfrshooter:

It never ceases to amaze me, what can be accomplished with handguns, especially those beeeeg revolvers. Folks were amazed at Elmer Keith too. He was so good, one guy asked him why he even bothered with a rifle.

I like hearing you guys talk about it. I would have loved to read the post that had too many words.

Smitty of the North
    True. I have nothing bad to say about Bradshaw. He would help a rank beginner. Every top shooter would guide a man through loading and shooting. Not once have I seen a top shooter ignore anyone. That is my position, not to be top dog, just to add information for all to try., It is up to you. Nothing I say is important unless you try it. You might not find some things to suit you and that is fine. Nothing is so important to me then to add something to make you better.
    I have gone out of my way to continue to be friends with JWP but I do not succeed. It has no place at any site. It saddens me. He has knowledge to add but spends his time in anger instead of telling all of you how. He is a good hunter that should convey his experience instead of quoting someone else. I will not do that. I respect JWP, have no doubt. But he has anger I can't explain. His PM's to me would make your hair stand on end.
    Off of that stuff, I can't fix it.
    You can shoot far with revolvers, my best is 2-1/2" at 500 yards, many of my revolvers have done 1/2" at 100 yards from the bench many times. Out of box Ruger's and BFR's. Maybe a trigger job. I tell you how, it is here in my posts. I will help anyone, just ask. The revolver only takes a few things different then a rifle. It is easy.

I wanted to know how he knew the Freedom Arms barrels were out of spec. Could give a crap less if he used a Shilen barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast