Thread: Placer Overflow Conditions and Recommendations?

Default Placer Overflow Conditions and Recommendations?

Folks,

I've never been up the Placer Overflow, but I heard you can take a canoe up during high tide. Is this true? Any surprises I should be aware of?

I don't have a canoe, but a 10' row boat that I was planning to row upstream during high tide. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

I'd appreciate any information you can share.

Best,
    Ron

colud you do it " yes ", but once you get passed the rocks that will be covered with water at high tide [ ? depends on how hgh it is going to be ] then if you row real fast you could go all the way to the lake but I don't think you will make it , fast water , lots of rowing , most people cant row that fast for that long , when you come out the high tide will be gone , also are you talking about PLACER ovrt flow or PLACER ? there is a large differance , they both come together , after that part of the river , it twist an turns an goes fairley fast [ not to bad ] if you try 20 MILE frist an make it to the fishing cut off point on the left side of 20 MILE that would be a lot easyer than PLACER
    my 2 CTS SID PS 19 FT canoe with a LIFT can make it all the way to where the river goes under the train tracks an if you have some experance with it you can make the LAKE , coming out of the lake it will be a little hair'y for the frist 1 or 2 miles if you don't know the canoe an motor

Thanks, Sid. I'm definitely talking about the Placer Overflow. Appreciate the information.