Thread: Beaver Creek Float

Default Beaver Creek Float

Hey there...I am planning a canoe trip (late july) down Beaver creek and wondered if anyone has any thoughts or advice. I have done a bunch of paddling in the interior, but nothing overnight yet. Is there a good place to take out along the steese before I float all the way to victoria creek? I have been researching for a while, and I think there is a good spot for take out. I am just looking for anyone with some experience in this stretch of the river to chime in.

THANKS...and happy paddling.

Sorry everyone....I got my creeks mixed up. I was looking at Beaver early on, but have decided on Birch Creek. Does anyone have any thoughts on a Birch Creek float? Could I put in and pull out from the Steese? Could I make that distance in 3 days with this years low rain fall?

Two pullouts, one off the end of the circle hot springs road. One at the bridge down towards circle city.

Thanks for the response....Do you have any info on the river level or new log jams or other danger areas?

We paddled two canoes down Birch Creek June 20-25 and it was the lowest water I have seen. I love to paddle the miles but don't think you will make it in three days. We put in some long days in order to get off the river late on the final day. We needed to drag or line the canoes in areas where we never needed to before which also ate up time. But always a great trip. Bring head nets, bug dope, fishing gear and stay hydrated. Yes, you can put in and take out along the Steese Highway.

Paddling the Miles.jpgLow Levels .jpg