Thread: Parks HWY info

Default Parks HWY info

Going North to Denali and notice a lot of little creeks off the Su river. Are any of these were stopping and throwing a line in? Also if I don't have time to hit Willow, Little Su, Kaswitna, and Su would yall have any opinions on which one would be more beneficial for trout, grayling, or Dollys? have to be in Denali by that night and leaving ANC at 430PM. I plan on hitting up most if not all of them coming back. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccooper88 View Post
    Going North to Denali and notice a lot of little creeks off the Su river. Are any of these were stopping and throwing a line in? Also if I don't have time to hit Willow, Little Su, Kaswitna, and Su would yall have any opinions on which one would be more beneficial for trout, grayling, or Dollys? have to be in Denali by that night and leaving ANC at 430PM. I plan on hitting up most if not all of them coming back. Thanks
    Too bad you don't have time to hit upper Willow. I caught 4 dif species up there the other day. Stop by troublesome. Good trout. Sheep also has trout, grayling, and a few dollys. Goose, if you can find a deeper hole had trout and grayling. Almost all of the streams on the way up have fish in them. If I had to choose one on the way up though, I'd probably hit troublesome. Being pepper spray or a sidearm though, lots of bears.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Make sure that if you're fishing any stream from the Willow all the way up to Montana that you're fishing UPSTREAM of the Parks Highway, all of those streams are CLOSED between their confluences with the Susitna and the Parks Highway. Some, like the Montana in particular, may be closed even a little further upstream than the Parks Highway, so check the regs! That being said, I'd hit either Willow Creek up by its confluence with Deception Creek and head upstream or I'd wait until I got to Troublesome Creek.