Thread: Smartcraft monitor installation into a SeaArk Predator

Default Smartcraft monitor installation into a SeaArk Predator

Anyone have any idea where SeaArk placed the electrical junction box that Smartcraft guages plug into? I dug around under the dash but could not locate it. Mine is a 2004, could it be placed under the throttle lever box? I finally got a flow meter and I'm trying to figure it out. It's supposed to be plug and play.

The Smartcraft I installed on my 06 Sportjon with the 200 Optimax plugged into a blue harness on the motor. The cable ran directly form the gauge to the motor, nothing under the dash. I would assume it would be the same for the SeaArk? Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks, if thats the case I'm going to need another cable. The guage only came with a cable setup that is about 2' long. Guys at Marita said this is all I needed.

I'm wanting to do this to may Alaskan XL as well. I know you need the guage and a cable. I'm not sure what the part # is for the cable. If you find out would you mind posting it. I know I can pickup the guage and cable on the internet much cheaper than locally.

The Boat Shop here in Fbx had the cable, I believe it was a 20' extension. They had it priced the same as I could get it online.

Do you already have a smartcraft gauge installed, if so you need a smartcraft can junction box to hook up other network items, if not you need the blue cable from the motor, make sure you have the termination resistors on each end of the main cable, some have them built in to one end

I'm not sure John if the guages that are on it are Smartcraft or not. I'll look when I get home. I kinda have a feeling they are not. This might end up being above my level. I'm pretty good mechanically except when it comes to electronics....then I get all frustrated.