Thread: Russian/Kenai confluence trash

Default Russian/Kenai confluence trash

I fished at the confluence three times in the last week and a half and have to say I am really disappointed in the amount of trash I found on the banks and in the water. Not fish trash but bottles, mono tangles, paper, trashed hooks, etc. Couldn't say which population left it there, but there doesn't appear to be the respect for the land that there needs to be. Perhaps we need to be reminded that it is not someone else's job to clean up after ourselves. This year it has been more noticeable than in the past for some reason.......please encourage others to clean up after themselves and let's do a better job of it as well.......fishing was pretty good, for me at least.....tight lines everyone!

Oh yes one more thing, human waste as well, complete with toilet paper.......come on people!

I was down there 3 times week before last, and came back with extra trash stuffed in the back of my vest each time. There will always be slobs...and we better not be expecting them to do the clean-up, they obviously don't care. If everybody picks some up each trip down we can at least keep the problem in check.
    No, we shouldn't have to. But someones gotta do it...

charmin-bear-advertisement3.jpg

lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks to everyone who helps with cleaning up down there. I'm a volunteer with the USFS StreamWatch program, and we have people down there every weekend and often during the week as well patrolling the stream banks and picking up trash, repairing fences that have been cut, talking to people about the methods used to try and keep the stream in good shape, and reminding fishermen about the regs on keeping your gear on your person or close at hand, avoiding bear issues, etc. Every year we pick up hundreds of pounds of garbage and mile upon mile of discarded line- it's discouraging, but all part of human nature I guess. If you'd like to join up as a volunteer, we can always use more help. Drop me a note of you're interested, and again, thanks to all who are helping out on an unofficial basis.

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    I was down there 3 times week before last, and came back with extra trash stuffed in the back of my vest each time. There will always be slobs...and we better not be expecting them to do the clean-up, they obviously don't care. If everybody picks some up each trip down we can at least keep the problem in check.
    No, we shouldn't have to. But someones gotta do it...
    We do the same thing. Its disheartening and I know its "not our job" to clean up after people but if a few responsible ones pitch in it does make a big difference. Thanks for helping be part of the solution.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    We do the same thing. Its disheartening and I know its "not our job" to clean up after people but if a few responsible ones pitch in it does make a big difference. Thanks for helping be part of the solution.
    If we follow the lead of others on this forum "we're humans, we have domain over all species. Screw the fish and the bears. Gimme mine." Good on ya for cleaning up but like ANC said, it's human nature. People will be people. Glad there's still a few good ones around.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"