Thread: Eureka Oshetna Trail/camping

Default Eureka Oshetna Trail/camping

Just looking for advice and tips. We are going to head back thursday the 4th and camp overnight just wondering what is the best route and if there are some decent spots to camp close to the river. We are going to drop down monument and cross the little nel straight across and over to the little tyone then west and was going to grab the ridge trail from there. Have never been past that spot just wonder how far from that point to get to the O. We will have a ranger 900 and a ranger crew on the voyage.

Thank you for and advice available.

From the gravel pit we go in 48 miles to where we like to camp on the Little O which is just a few miles from where you go left up and over to the Big O or right....up Big Bones ridge area(where you can also continue down along the little O).
    There are plenty of places to camp and fish along the way...the further you go the prettier it gets. OR....when you drop into Little O you can run upstream to the falls just be careful walking around them up top,I was up there the year the young man fell in and drowned taking pictures. Not an area you would think such a thing could happen....tragic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AKNUCLEARZR View Post
    ......We are going to drop down monument and cross the little nel straight across and over to the little tyone then west and was going to grab the ridge trail from there. Have never been past that spot just wonder how far from that point to get to the O. We will have a ranger 900 and a ranger crew on the voyage........
    That "ridge trail" takes you to Yacko Creek. There's a mine on the other side of the ridge from Tyone Creek. I don't know if that fellow is still there or not.

You follow Yacko Creek north to northwest for a few miles, then come to a trail fork. Go left (west), and you'll eventually come out near where the Little Oshetna meets the Oshetna...........just south of Big Bones Ridge.

Thank you for the replies we head out in the Am. This will be exciting and awesome to see something new. My plan is to head to Yacko and to the little O seems like that would be the easier route??

Have a great weekend