Thread: Basic utility machine.

Default Basic utility machine.

I have a question. I am moving up there in a few years and I was wondering what's the difference in machines. I will want one to get around in the winter for hunting, trapping, fishing etc. I have access to very inexpensive used machines here, especially during the summer. I was a small engine mechanic for fifteen years so I feel confident I can maintain and repair most anything with an engine, two or four stroke. I know literally nothing about these things , but if they are like motorcycles there is a big difference between a klr and a ninja. I am more of a klr guy if that makes sense. Thanks.

Find an old Yamaha Bravo. In fact, buy two: one to ride and the other to part out. Older Ski-Doo Tundra's are good too.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I have skandic's....tundras are great machines also.

I would not buy anything down there, wait to buy a used machine once you get here. I have a skandic wt and a couple Yamaha mm and they will all get the job done, with that being said I like the skandic the best now I am not into the speed any longer but forward and reverse and not having to dig it out is much nicer.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam