Thread: Flood Lights on boat

Default Flood Lights on boat

Ok, looking at all the different types and prices.
    Seen a light bar and then the other small square kind .
    wondering which one do you all use on your duck boat?
    Also how Lumas you use.
    Thanks
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Gary, you can spend hundreds of dollars and buy LED lights that will light up the night for you. However, you have a small duck boat, won't be going real fast, you really just need to see until the next bend in the creek. Lights on duck boats get broke real easy, why break a expensive light, cheaps lights broken don't upset you nearly so much. I could justify putting expensive lights on my airboat, it is still accelerating at 50mph, and when i run at night, logs and crap come up on me awful fast, but for now still running $10 headlights from NAPA. Bud
    Wasilla

I only have one light on the front of my 14' surface drive boat. i cant remember the lumens or anything like that. It's an LED and cost about $100 at shucks. It's the ones you see running around on the trucks that are, black with the red circle around the lens cover. works good. I'd say I can see 100 yards and thats plenty for my boat that averages 20mph when navigating duck swamp.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Gary

I am putting this on my EBADS with a 200lb magnetic base for easy removal.
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...bar--54w/1520/
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Not looking to break the bank on buying lights. Just looking to see what you all have and how you like the lights you got.
    also wanted to know if you run double or use a single lights
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

on a open boat like yours, i really like having a good, small hand held spot light in addition. not a big heavy ackward one that would be in the way after daylight, but compact, and perfer one that floods out rather then a small spot. helps make it easier to check out the spots on shore you are considering setting up at. havn't tried one, but maybe one of these high power led headlights like the mushers use would be just the ticket, hands free. Bud
    Wasilla

When running at night there no such thing as to many lights. When the light hit the water it like a black hole and does not reflect back. When I was running lights I had one light pointed to the right and one to the left and two 100w spots pointed forward. They were all mounted in the bow, along with two 1000000 cp hand helds. If you mount the lights behind you it will make it hard to see.

I would also go slow as possible, you never knew what was coming.