So cost being a factor with this years sheep hunt I decided to restock my 300 weatherby to synthetic.. Long story short and after a few lucky breaks found one but needed work to it.. Had ADfields fit it and made an earlier post of the obvious difference between a good smith and a bad one.. Andy being a really good one took the time to match my wood stock and pressure pad as close as possible.. Well today I finally had a minute to slap a scope on and head to the closest gravel pit for a quick test.. My big concern was I have a bunch of loaded up reloads that were sub moa and was really hoping they would work.. so first couple of shots at 20 yards were on paper so moved the scope a bit and moved ot to 100yards.. the next two shots were not to be found so I figured it was a bit high still. Shot one at the bottom of the target and bingo found it.. Moved the scope a bit and here were the next three..
I consider this a success as I was shooting off my tailgate from a semi hot barrel.. I will fine tune it at the range. My sheep gun is ready..woo hoo