Thread: what to do

Default what to do

this may not be the right place to post this but here goes. i am headed from fairbanks to homer in a couple weeks to fish. what im looking for is other activities to do on the way down. im thinking about the raft tour in denali but beyond that im not sure. i open for any suggestions horseback riding, fishing or snagging (where legal), wildlife viewing, or anything in anchorage.

thanks
    Matt

Crow creek mine in Girdwood is nice this time of year and offers good gold panning/mining on the creek.
    There is a place in Cooper Landing that does horseback tours that include gold panning.
    Lots of good fishing along the way trout in the lakes should give you some action.
    Kenai reds might be in between runs but might be worth a shot or possibly the Kasilof.
    Surfcast fishing is popular on many local beaches for Halibut and other saltwater fish.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

If the weather is clear, stop in Talkeetna and take a flight seeing tour around McKinley and land on Ruth Glacier. The best thing to do in Alaska on a clear day.

Summit creek trail near Summit lake on the way to homer out of anchorage. beautiful easy hike to alpine.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/