Thread: anyone interested haul road 2nd wk august hunt?

Default anyone interested haul road 2nd wk august hunt?

I am headed to haul road 2nd or 3rd week of august(depends on temps). Anyone in the Anchorage area up for the trip and splitting cost. PM me and lets talk.

If you can't find anyone to go the hunt and drive is doable for around $750.00. I went alone year before last and drove up in one day to include setting up camp. Left Palmer at 2am and was at camp 50 miles south of Deadhorse by 5:30pm. This was in mid Sept really foggy the whole week I was there but came back with some antlers at least. If I had to drive up alone again I would do it just make sure you have good tires and check your brakes. I also drove a diesel and the fuel was a little pricer then.

Cant pm you, you only have one post, 750 seems like a lot to spend, i did it last year 1500 miles round trip from biglake and 4 fillups in a silverado only 350

Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    Cant pm you, you only have one post, 750 seems like a lot to spend, i did it last year 1500 miles round trip from biglake and 4 fillups in a silverado only 350
    Now if I say I filled up my Duramax that has a 52 gal tank with diesel @ an average of $4.20 a gal each fill up and say I put in 45 gal not waiting for the gas light to come on and filled up an average of four times because you burn a lot of fuel just to find the caribou close to the road. That would come out to approximately $756.00. So yea you can burn through the fuel up there. Not to mention what I brought with.

we did it for about $600-650 last year. 1500 miles, 12mpg, $4/gal plus the fuel we burned driving around looking for them. the fill-up in coldfoot is the expensive one on the way up/back. we did 2nd week of august last year and got 2 between 4 guys.

Give me a call 631 8015

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2