Thread: Pike Noob here

Default Pike Noob here

I'm interested in information/recommendations on a good lake to take my son for his (and my) first pike fishing outing. I am a trout fisherman at heart and have all the fly rods and fly tying abilities needed. Interested in info on what steel tippets are the most suitable, which flys work well, and where are the best spots to begin to chase some pike. I know better than to ask for anyone's honey hole but some general information would be helpful. Also interested in what type of lake habitats yield the best results for pike. Thanks.
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

nancy lake system has a lot an F&G has a list out with a lot more long lake out of willow has some also check F&G for more info

SID

I have seen a list of lakes that have PIKE in it , covering Anchorage & Mat SUE it was put out by F&G, but looked on there web site an could not find it , should be there but I could not find it good luck SID

Island Lake off of Pittman Road has a ton of pike in it. Easy catch for kids.

I went out to nancy lake about a month ago to try it out (also first timer). I rented a canoe from Tippecanoe rentals (I'm sure a quick search you could find them) I fished in the cove right where you launch the canoes and did pretty well. The best pattern for us was a blue/white saltwater style baitfish I tied up with using the fish skull helmets. We caught all our fish a couple feet off shore, a couple quick strips and a pause did the trick! I hope this helps, good luck!

Type in "pike" in the search bar and have your pick from a plethora of information on pike. That's how I got started when I hardwater fish.

I have been trying to find that lake for a while now and cannot. Please PM me with some help in the directions... thanx man... "fishon"
    Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Island Lake off of Pittman Road has a ton of pike in it. Easy catch for kids.
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"