Thread: fishing this weekend

Default fishing this weekend

So I am thinking about going fishing this weekend from Anchorage. What would be the best option ?

1. Go and try hard to catch some few remaining sockeye on Russian

2. Go to crooked creek ? if yes then how long after tide ?

3. Klutina is good but too far away to drive and come back the same day

4. Any other good option than the 3 mentioned above ??

If you are Salmon Fishing, go to Klutina for sure. If you are looking for Trout, a buddy of mine on this Forum has been catching some nice ones on the Russian. Not sure about Crooked Creek. On another note, I've been seeing lots of pictures of some fire engines coming out of Ship Creek?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Thanks for the response man ... I have a 10 wt fly rod and ESL flies. I never fished for kings with it before. how should I use it on ship creek ? just flip like i do for sockeye or gotta do something else ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    If you are looking for Trout, a buddy of mine on this Forum has been catching some nice ones on the Russian.
    Yea I heard some turd has been tying into some fatties down there too haha
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Parks might be a good option too. Haven't been up there for a couple weeks but from the looks of local streams it might have cleared up by now. Might be good for 'bows and grayling.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

So I think I am making up my mind to drive to Klutina ... Where is the fishing access there ? I dont have a boat ... Where are all these people fishing there who report very solid run right now ?

Klutina, park around the bridge and fishign is great right there to. Expect lots of people of course, a hook with some yarn is about all ya need, well some bug spray to. I have made the day trip before. Its a bit rough but not too bad. good luck!

hell i would hit up parks for c/r kings than head back to anchorage for noon high tide. Klutina can be a lttle intimidating the 1st time out.u might run out of time b4 u figure it out. Thats a long haul to fail. 5hr energy is ur friend on the road. Good luck