Thread: Stomp grates for hamilton and others

Default Stomp grates for hamilton and others

I was reading this forum and got on a link that people were asking about stomp grates. I saw stomp grates on ebay yesterday that had great prices. I don't know anything else about them, just thought I would share that.

Go to Riverjet Magazine forums section @ http://www.myboatforum.com/ and ask away or go to MyBoat Forum @ http://www.myboatforum.com/ They are all jet boaters at Riverjet Magazine and the main bunch of guys @ MyBoat Forum are also jet boaters. It would depend on which pump you have as they are not all the same as to what I understand. I had a Sportjet with a stomp grate and loved it never had a problem with it but go and ask at these sites.
    Jet boating was GREAT but, now onward and upward

I had a kodiak stomp grate installed in my boat at Greatland Weilding for 550 works great

For me a stomp grate is like an American Express Card--dont leave home with out it

Red face PWS and Stomp Grates (Lesson Learned)

Sure could of used one yesterday out of Whitter. I've got a 24ft Marian with a 460 hp Ford and a Hamilton jet. We ran out toward Culross Passage at approx 20 kts. Stopped to fish for a bit when we left could only get it up to 7kts with the same RPM. I knew rightaway what happened. It was a long slowww ride back to port (bout 2 hours). Sure am glad I didn't need to use the kicker. Thought about banking it and cleaning the grate out. way too cold. Damm near everything on the engine (to include the engine ) is new. The Jet has been tuned. It sure is a bad feeling in the gut when your intake gets clogged.

Gary has them at Greatland weilding in wasilla he put one in my boat for around 600.00