Thread: Off airport tiedowns

Default Off airport tiedowns

What are you guys using to tiedown your plane off airport? I'm going to start some plane camping on gravel/mud bars and Just curious what people are using.

Look down three or four topics on the Bush Flying list and read the "Tie downs for the North Slope" thread.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...he-north-slope

If I was going on an overnighter in known weather to a fairly predictable spot with endless daylight I probably wouldn't bother to tie my plane down. That's a different scenario from parking and walking away for a week in unstable fall weather.

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierShaker View Post
    What are you guys using to tiedown your plane off airport? I'm going to start some plane camping on gravel/mud bars and Just curious what people are using.
    A coworker of mine uses empty burlap bags filled with rocks/sand attached to rope (suppose you could use a ratch straps). I thought that was pretty genius.

Hope that helps

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

a lot of the raft shops such as Alaska Raft and Kayak also have emergency anchors that are basically heavy duty cord bags that rocks can be placed in easily...Light weight and versatile...