Thread: JBER Proficiency Test Dates???

Default JBER Proficiency Test Dates???

Anyone heard or know where I can find out what dates are available to test for JBER permit? Drew early archery permit few years back and remember the dates sneaking up on me--tried to get a jump on it this year, but cannot find any info--zilch.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Anyone heard or know where I can find out what dates are available to test for JBER permit? Drew early archery permit few years back and remember the dates sneaking up on me--tried to get a jump on it this year, but cannot find any info--zilch.
    They will send you a letter with the information, probably about the same time they send out the permits. It is usually within a couple weeks of the start of the hunt if I recall correctly.

Default Thanks

Thanks--I got the winter hunt this time around. Couldn't remeber how I found about the available date last time--thought it was here on the forum, but this time around I was coming up dry.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

you could check with fish/wildlife on post, or the archery club, blacksheeparchery, because if it is on post, I would have to believe it is there range that you would be using, but could be wrong? I sure miss that place...and use to teach the class way back when.

Its usually held in August and you will get a letter with the exact dates. The shoot has been held the last few years at Range Control by the rifle range. They set up several 3D moose targets in various settings in the woods around there. You will need to do a couple of kneeling shots and you can use a range finder if you like. You will need to take all the hunting items you plan on using i.e. arrows, broadheads, range finder, bow set to the poundage you will hunt with all that kind of thing. They will do the orientation after the shooting and for the winter hunt they will hold an orientation in late Nov or early Dec. after the fall hunt is over. Hope this give you a little to go on but I am also only going on past years so things do change. Best to check with the F&G guys on base. The last I knew they were on the Elmendorf side in a old wooden building across from the Day care center and behind the fueling site.