Thread: Alaskan454 Blackhawk Bisley 45colt

Default Alaskan454 Blackhawk Bisley 45colt

I seldom shoot 454 in my Alaskan sticking mostly with solid 45colt loads. Wrist are old and broken up and eyes showing age. A friend would like to have my 454. I'm thinking of telling him to get a used Bisley 5 1/2" in 45colt and I will swap him.I like the BH alot and have owned and fired many but never the Bisley. Figure this will be my till the end big bore. Value difference is not important as the Alaskan comes with a couple hundred extra just in holsters.

Whats the up or down if any that may stand out. My hunting pistol is a 9 1/2"SRH in 44mag with scope.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I seldom shoot 454 in my Alaskan sticking mostly with solid 45colt loads. Wrist are old and broken up and eyes showing age. A friend would like to have my 454. I'm thinking of telling him to get a used Bisley 5 1/2" in 45colt and I will swap him.I like the BH alot and have owned and fired many but never the Bisley. Figure this will be my till the end big bore. Value difference is not important as the Alaskan comes with a couple hundred extra just in holsters.

Whats the up or down if any that may stand out. My hunting pistol is a 9 1/2"SRH in 44mag with scope.
    Will, I absolutely love my 5 1/2-inch .45 Colt Bisley. I think it's a wise choice and a great all-around firearm. Here is mine -- for inspiration!

Will, I have the same one as Max does, only I've added a Hi-Vis gloworm front sight to mine to help old eyes.
    Also sent it to Cylindersmith to ream forcing cones to an even .4525 for accuracy. **** fine revolver.

Thanks folks,nice pistols for sure.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If you're OK with single action, I don't see a down side for either one of you. Win-win. I would probably take that deal too (from his point of view).

In a not-important-enough-to-spend-money-right-now way (instead of other gun things), I always wanted a .44 'Old' Vaquero Bisley.

I just wanted to look at one, so searched and here is a .45.