Thread: Charter recommendations

Default Charter recommendations

I haven't been out with a company in a few years. Been either working or able to go with a friend. I am looking to go out of Seward or Whittier in late July. I like the smaller 6 man boats. Any help would be appreciated. Butt and or silvers and butt is what I am hoping for.

thanks.

www.fishsewardalaska.com. Randy Wells. Awesome guy
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Just-in-time charters is great, young, fun captain. Have also fused with profish, and on jdocks boat seaventure, both with great results.

Cracker Jack charters or Pro fish n sea if you are heading out of Seward. Both A++ operations and class acts. They also kick the private guys on here fish updates which are much appreciated. If you are looking at Whittier Crazy Ray's is another great operation.

Marv's Charters is good with Marv Thompson as well as In & Out with John Moline for good fishing in comfortable boats

Whittier Marine Charters is a great choice out of Whittier. I've gone with Matt several times (just got back from a charter with him last weekend), and I have nothing but good things to say about him. His boat (Swee Pea) is fast and he isn't afraid to put some miles on to find the fish.

We fished with Semaka out of Seward last week. Good outfit, I'd use them again. The bite hadn't been hot, we got a 55 and an 85 along with the normal smaller ones to fill out. Also some cod and rockfish.

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

I've always have very good luck with Alaskan Summertime Charters.

What's the fishing like out of Whittier? I've fished out of Seward and Homer, of course, but never really gave Whittier a thought. Any ideas on species targeted, average size, charter cost etc. to compare with the other ports? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Whittier Marine Charters is a great choice out of Whittier. I've gone with Matt several times (just got back from a charter with him last weekend), and I have nothing but good things to say about him. His boat (Swee Pea) is fast and he isn't afraid to put some miles on to find the fish.
    Second Matt. Its always fun going out with him and successful. Going out of Whittier is usually a little more expensive but you save money on gas and overnight stays. Usually hit the 6:30 (?) tunnel opening and get bacck to Anchorage about 8:30 or 9. Matt does not do chicken holes. Halibut of course is the main target. We've caught yellow eyes and other rock fish. Salmon if you get the halibut early.