Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15 gallon fuel containers

Default 15 gallon fuel containers

Locally they sell 15 and 30 gallon fuel containers that are somewhat cubed shape with a handle on top. They come in either white or black. The 15's are about 12 x 12 and approximately 24 tall.
    There is no company name on the container anywhere. We use these when going on very long trips and I would like to find out who makes them so I can order a pallet of them.
    The people who sell them up here will not give me there source and they want almost $60 for the 15 gallon containers.
    Does anyone know who makes these or any other contact information?

I posted this on a bunch of different forums and so far have struck out. If we can find who makes them and order directly I would do a group buy if others wanted some as well.
    Tennessee

I would be interested.
    Where do you see them? Our company purchasing agent is a pit bull on things like this and has a lot of connections.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

You can see them at Deweys Cook Inlet in Anchorage. These are really nice containers that are fuel rated and very heavy duty. Since they stand up they do not take up as much deck space.
    Or drop me a note and you can swing by my house. I have one of each - clear and black. But I like the clear one better.
    Tennessee

I'll swing by Deweys and see how he treats me.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default snowwolfe

Century hardware sells the black ones up here in the interior and they are just as rediculously priced, if I make it in there this week I'll ask them though and see what I can find out.

I hope we can find a supplier or manufactor. A group buy would certaintly be in order!
    Tennessee

Do they advertise these containers to transport fuel? Does it say that they are approved containers? Do they have warning labels, fill to here lines etc. I'd start asking some questions that may force them to tell you who manufactures them. Corner em like a pig and stick it to em Just a thought.

I haven't looked, but are there any markings on the bottom of the container? I know that the Fish House in Seward used to carry them, too.

I've seen them for sale sometimes at AIH in Mt. View here in Anchortown. Don't know who makes them or where they come from. I would love to go in on a group buy though.

Default No luck

I tried to search for them on the internet last year and couldn't find anything either. I have two clear ones and would love to have two more if a group buy can be put together. Hard to justify $60 a piece for them though when I can buy 5-6 gallon jugs for $10 each or less at Wal-mart or Freddy's.

I have researched it and asked questions on 4 different sites and struck out. I doubt they are technically approved for fuel as one company told me all gas containers must be red.
    But for us that have used them for fuel I can testify they work wonderfully. I have owned my one black one for about 12 years and it doesnt leak a drop.
    Maybe someone somewhere knows who makes these?
    Tennessee

Default Greif

The black (#PC-15) ones are made by Greif...don't know for sure which white ones you're talking about, but grief also manufactures some round ones with I think either 1 or 2 handles on top.

www.greif.com

Thanks Eggy but I can not find them on the web site. Here is a picture of Sids boat with the containers in the bow:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tennessee

This whatcha lookin' fer?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

BTW... my white/clear ones are the same model # as the black ones. Greif PC-15, M120.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Yep, you and the Eggy Master found em. I will send the company an email and see about prices.
    Thanks
    Tennessee

Any word on these? I'm looking for something different to use as well. I'd much rather find a tank that lays more flat so I can use more deck space.

Just curious as I noticed the date time stamp on these postings were April of 2006, did anybody ever find anything out on these containers? Was there ever a group buy and if so how did it go?

I emailed the company, twice, and they have yet to respond.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail1der View Post
    Just curious as I noticed the date time stamp on these postings were April of 2006, did anybody ever find anything out on these containers? Was there ever a group buy and if so how did it go?
    I think you were looking at everyones join date not the actual time/date stamp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast