Thread: ATV Trailer Options

At the end of the cul-de-sac

Default ATV Trailer Options

I recently sold the F350 long bed that I was able to get both my and my wife's ATV into the bed (one went in sideways), and got a daily driver F150 crew cab with a short box. Essentially, I went from the longest box available, to the shortest.

So now I am looking for trailer options for the atv's. Any ideas on what I should get? I'm trying to keep costs down a bit if possible so daily craigslist searches are in the works. A few trailers look like possibilities, but a lot are really old, beat up, sat in the field for 10 years type it seems like. So in the event that I look for new, where should I go?

I would like at least a 2 place trailer, although I could theoretically carry one in the bed for now too. But my daughter just turned 9, so a wheeler for her is likely in our near future, and with my son at 5, I am thinking I should just go with a 4 place trailer to start.

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Eagle River, AK

If you can swing it, I would suggest jumping straight to the 4-place. Of course go with aluminum if you can for the corrosion resistance. Most of these rigs are going to have torsion axles, which ride nice, but you'll want to keep an eye on them as if that rubber bushing fails, that tire will be rubbing on the trailer. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's not good.

Aluma seems like a decent brand - I have their two place and have overloaded that thing by 50% and it's still performed well. Ideally you could have AK Mud build you a custom trailer! Haha

Eagle River

I agree with AlaskanSD on getting an aluminum snowmachine trailer. I also have an Aluma (16') and have nothing but great things to say about it. It is the most solid aluminum trailer you can find. Also if you buy one of those little steel ATV trailers, you are really limiting your resale to a smaller group of potential buyers in the future, just like you are finding now on Craigslist.

North of Anchor Pt

If you want a 12' Sled Bed aluminum snow machine trailer, I'm in the first stage of getting a bigger trailer to haul my Ranger SXS. The trailer is a tilt bed with custom V nose salt shield/ramp. $2000 firm. If interested cell 399-6699 Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning