Thread: Need lift from Fairbanks to Anchorage

Exclamation Need lift from Fairbanks to Anchorage

Leaving on a hunting trip to Homer today and one of my hunting partners just found out he's been recalled to work the next two days. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get down to Anchorage today to meet up with my other hunting partner? I need to get there by 3 a.m. Willing to split gas costs and add a little extra cash for a lift. Thanks in advance.

~Justin

322-5390

Sometimes you can rent a car pretty cheap for a one way trip to Anchorage.

Default working on it

Talking to a couple rental places right now. They want to charge a $200 drop off fee though in Anchorage. Rather not go that route if I don't have to.

Might not sound viable, but if it were me...I'd stick out my thumb and hitch a ride. Might be a lot more difficult to catch a ride with a gun case, but if you stand there long enough you should be able to get one. Other than that, though, you might want to look at the one-way fares on Alaska Air.

Default Got my ride

Thank goodness for military Space A travel. Leaving out in about 30 min. to anchorage on a C-12 or 15, something like that. It's free and it gets me there! Hopefully the hunt goes well! I'll post when I return.

Thumbs up C-12

AMC you fly free!!!! Ya baby

Default Alpenglow's Fairbanks Shuttle...

Travel is available year round to Anchorage. I am not sure of the prices. Call 800-770-2267

I second sticking out your thumb. Never know who you will meet, always end up with a good story.

It sounds like he's military... If he is he can't hitchhike. They won't allow him to, at least not in uniform! I believe they strongly discourage you to do it out of uniform as well!

- Clint

Wink Yea....

Quote Originally Posted by adfraiser View Post
    I second sticking out your thumb. Never know who you will meet, always end up with a good story.
    A lot of good "movies" start out that way!