Thread: Truck Rental for Haul Road?

Default Truck Rental for Haul Road?

Does anyone know of a place that would rent a 4 door pick up truck to be taken up the Haul road this fall? Have a few friends that are looking for a place that will rent one if any?
    Thanks for any info.

Airport Equipment rental in FBX or ANC might be able to help you.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I rented a truck from A-1 one year: 3710 Spenard Road (907) 929-1222. Forget the guy's name. He was a little eccentric. Located behind the leather store at Minnesota and Spenard. Expensive, but the only outfit in town that would rent me a truck for the Haul Road. Be smart about what he gives you. I had reservations about the first truck he loaned me. Luckily (??) the transmission crapped the bed around Eklutna, and it was a short turnaround back to get a different truck, which ended up working out great. -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Here are some good tips, http://www.coldfootcamp.com/getting-here.htm. I had a group of friends do the trip/hunt a few years back in a rented mini van. They went through numerous tires and had to be towed up Atigun pass once. Their tip, buy all the insurance you can and spring for a detailing service after you're done with the vehicle.

second Airport Equipment. Many of our hunters rent these trucks...usually F250 four doors for around $110/day.

We rented from Go North last year out of Fairbanks. Nice people and decent vehicle. It was a 4-door Dodge pickup with a shell over the truck bed. Worked out great for us.