Thread: Reds on the Russian/Kenai?

Default Reds on the Russian/Kenai?

I see the fish count on the Russian was way down on Saturday. Anyone fish the Russian or Kenai Saturday or Sunday? Would love to hear a weekend report.

Saturday was okay Sunday morning was slow.

Fished at Bing's Landing yesterday with no bites for an hour. Didn't see anyone walking out with fish, either.

Fished both days- very, very slow. I was in the river by 5 AM both days- on Saturday saw 5 fish in an hour and a half, Sunday a few more but not many. Spent the days on the river working as a StreamWatcher, occasionally saw someone walking back with a fish, one group had two fish, that was about it. I guess some were doing better downriver,, because I saw a few backpacks that looked like they were holding a few fish, but considering the number of people fishing, it was grim.

We fished downriver from the Russian today. Touched one fish. Very slow. Saw a few caught just below the Russian.

I fished there on Monday it was slow. I fished down by the power lines. One guy found a nice hole caught 5 in about an hour and a half while the rest of us in the area had one fish on at one point but could not land it. It seems to be really slowing down I would wait till the late run starts.

My wife and I fished at the ferry yesterday. 5 hours we landed 3 fish, lost 6 trying to get them in. It seemed to pick up in the late evening. No bears, but heard there was a sow and cub brown and one black bear running around. Good luck to everyone!

Binga has been good, lately.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

has anyone been down to the Russian in the last day or so? I heard that the late run is picking up?? Anyone??

Can someone please give an update? Im wanting to come up this weekend 18th-20th of July but dont want to waste a trip. Where are the reds and will they be going by the ferry around then?

Was down there last weekend, caught 4 but it was slow. Lots of people fishing and not many catching. I imagine it being similar this weekend.

Just got back from 2 days of fishing the lower Kenai. 3 of us landed one fish. Lots of people and slow action.

Fished 3 hours tonight in Soldotna, lost a couple and managed to land one. Saw about 10 others caught, too slow for me!